Job / work injuries are never expected and they usually create various challenges. The injury you sustained can prevent you from continuing with your job, accomplish your normal day-to-day activities and provide for your family. If your employer has workers compensation, it might be difficult for you to comprehend its legal aspects. Finding out what benefits are available and you are entitled to can be a very complicated task for someone who does not have legal training. You should always get in touch with a lawyer after a worksite accident. Your legal counsel will evaluate the circumstances surrounding your case and explain what your legal options are.

To find out if your employer is a workers’ compensation subscriber, you should get in touch with the Texas Division of Workers Compensation or talk to a work injury attorney. Take note that your employer has a duty to inform you if they do not have workers compensation in writing. It may be posted on the company bulletin board or included in the employee handbook. There are cases where employers pay the medical expenses and part of the salary of their injured workers but even in such a situation, you are still entitled to file a personal injury claim.

You need to make your claim for job / work injuries within a couple of years after the accident. You may be compensated for unpaid lost income and medical expenses, pain, impairment, disfigurement, suffering and mental anguish. In case the employee succumb to his or her injuries, the surviving family members that include the spouse, children and parents can still purse the case for the decedent.

In order to be successful in your claim, you must be able to establish that there was failure on the part of the company to provide a safe working environment to their employees. This can include the following:

  • Failure to give appropriate training
  • Failure to give reasonable warning of hazardous conditions
  • Failure to provide the manpower, tools and equipment that will allow safe completion of the job

In addition, you should also be able to show that the failure of your employer to provide a safe working environment resulted to your injuries.

If you suffered a job / work injury, you should immediately contact a job injury lawyer. Your employer should also be given notification of the accident as soon as possible. It you need to file an accident report be as truthful as you can. Describe the incident in details, identify the failures of your employer that lead to the incident and write down the names of everybody that witnessed the mishap. If you suffered an injury, get prompt medical treatment and follow what the doctor ordered. Record your injuries as well as your injuries and make an accident report to OSHA, so that they can conduct an independent inquiry.

If you suffered job / work injuries in Plano, contact the personal injury attorneys at The Goolsby Law Firm immediately. Even if you already gained from workers compensation, you may still be able to go after third parties, who may have liability on the accident. You do not owe us anything unless we are successful in recovering damages for you.

The Goolsby Law Firm – Protecting Your Rights
(972) 394-2141