There are several avenues that people who suffered job injuries can seek compensation in the state of Texas, based on whether the employer have workers compensation or not. In contrast to the majority of states, employers in Texas are not obliged to provide workers compensation insurance to their employees. The law of the state though provides particular benefits to employers who choose to avail of workers compensation. As a result, many employers subscribe to the insurance but non-subscribers, or those that do not subscribe to workers compensation, also exist in the state.

In seeking compensations for work injuries, an injured employee must first find out whether the employer is subscribed to workers compensation insurance or not. Since an injured employee is prevented from suing a company that is subscribed to workers compensation, many non-subscribers may present the appearance that they are subscribers in order to prevent a possible lawsuit. They can bestow weekly payment and other benefits that are usually connected with workers compensation. Through this unethical practice, an employer chooses to pay a little extra rather than spend a substantial amount that could be required of them by way of a work injury related court case.

If you suffered a job injury then, you need to contact a skilled and experienced Farmers Branch work injury lawyer in order to establish the status of your employer, before going on with any kind of lawsuit. In Farmers Branch call the personal injury attorneys at The Goolsby Law Firm. They will not only assist you in establishing whether your employer is a subscriber or not but also advice you on the succeeding legal steps to take. If your employer is a subscriber, you may be able to recover from both the workers compensation and a personal injury lawsuit, which can be filed against a responsible third party. If your employer is a non-subscriber, you may seek damages by way of a work injury case against your employer and a liable third party.

You might be able to recover for unpaid medical expenses, pain, disfigurement, lost income, mental anguish and impairment if you suffered job/work injuries but you have to file a case within a couple of years from the date the accident happened. If the injured worker dies, the surviving family members that include the spouse, parents and children can file a lawsuit against an employer who is a non-subscriber. In order to win the case, it must be established in court that the employer indeed failed to provide a safe work environment for the employee. It must also be proven that the unsafe work condition was the result of the injuries.

In Farmers Branch, an injury attorney from The Goolsby Law Firm will aggressively defend your rights if you suffered work injury as a result of the negligence of your employer or a third party. Call them today to discuss your case in a free consultation. Lawyers from The Goolsby Law Firm work on a contingent fee basis so you do not have to worry about their legal fees until they make a successful recovery.

The Goolsby Law Firm – Protecting Your Rights
(972) 394-2141